The Women Development & Grievance Cell shall be responsible for women counseling activities across the institute including the counseling of the girls students, lady faculty and lady staff. The welfare shall include the personal as well as social welfare of the girl students. The responsibilities and functions of the Women Development & Grievance Cell Coordinator shall include (but not limited to) the followings:
1. To devise and implement a mechanism for counseling and guidance for the girls students, their grievances redressal and to educate them about women empowerment.
2. To devise and execute a mechanism for organizing awareness programs, motivational talks including visits to the public / government run women guidance cells. To expose them to various opportunities available to women in particular in the professional field of engineering & technology.
3. To devise and implement a mechanism for fetching scholarships and financial assistance from the Central/State Government agencies for the girls students, for admissions into government run hostels etc.
4. To devise and implement a mechanism for creating awareness among girls students and educate them about Central/State Government Scholarships, NGOs financial assistance schemes and bank loans and facilitate the same.
5. To work out and execute any other activity related with the women empowerment, women upliftment, counseling, guidance and welfare of the girls students. The final objective shall be to provide a women-friendly learning/working environment without any gender bias.
The Women Development & Grievance Cell Coordinator shall work in coordination with other Cell Coordinators and HODs. Further, he shall be responsible for suggesting budgetary provision for activities related to the Cell.