The Training & ILL Cell shall be responsible for all the training related activities across the institute including the training of the students, faculty and staff. The skill sets for the training shall include (but not limited to) technical training, soft skills, personality development programme. The responsibilities and functions of the Training & ILL Cell Coordinator shall include (but not limited to) the followings:
1. To devise and implement a mechanism for personality development programs for the students, including Group discussions techniques, interviews, public speaking, soft skills, problem solving ability etc. so as to prepare the students for their further career.
2. To devise and execute a mechanism for industrial training programs as well as the industrial visits including visits to the foreign universities.
3. To devise and implement a mechanism for fetching grants from the concerned government agencies for the students/faculty/staff training and development.
4. To devise and implement a mechanism for Faculty Development Programs for the faculty & staff including technical skill development, soft skills, meeting techniques, interviews and public speaking.
5. To work out and execute any other activity related with the training (like coaching for GATE/IES/MPSC/UPSC/IAS/Competitive exams) which is useful for the personality development/ career enhancement. The ultimate objective shall be to provide a student-friendly safe and secure environment.
6. To evolve educational programmes which are consistent with the broad requirements of the industry and which can give rise to engineering personnel capable of coping-up with the accelerating pace of the technological development.
7. To create adequate facilities of updating knowledge of professional engineers and technologists to meet growth and developmental needs of the industry.
8. To coordinate the research and developmental activities and preparing / updating a comprehensive directory of technology experts in different fields of expertise and know-how and forging continuing links with them through various means of involvement like talks, guest lectures, research collaboration, students project guidance, seminars etc.
The Training & IIL Cell Coordinator shall work in coordination with other Cell Coordinators and HODs. Further, he/she shall be responsible for suggesting budgetary provision for activities related to the Cell.