INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) advocated the establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) by all the higher education institutions to pursue its action plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of the institution. The IQAC of our institution, thus established on16th June 2016, in order to monitor the enhancement and improvement of quality in terms of Teaching-Learning, Consultancy, Research & Development of institute and to get accredited on quality prospects.
The IQAC has become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and enrichment. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
The work of the IQAC is the first step towards internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement initiatives. It supervises in quality improvement by working out planned interventionist strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
“Quest for Excellence”
“To be the center of excellence in providing quality education, training and research in the domain of Engineering and Technology”.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
FUNCTIONS OF IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning, and evaluation;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Ensure relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- Setup credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Quality Council of India,
Quality Circle Forum of India