Skill and knowledge are the motivating forces of growth and economic development of country. Today industry is facing severe shortage of skilled Manpower. The accelerated growth has only increased the demand for skilled manpower. The responsibilities and functions shall include (but not limited to) the followings:
1. To provide the platform which will cater the services in professional skill development, these will be helpful to industries to get skilled manpower.
2. To provide the platform to learn skill oriented courses under various schemes of Govt. of India. This provides opportunity to all students in society to learn various skill oriented courses. This is helping them in their placements.
3. To evaluate the performance of the skill development programs in objective manner.
4. To increase the capacity and capability of the existing system in order to ensure equitable access for all.
5. To foster excellence in skill development centre, building effectiveness in delivering competency based training, and to enable trainees and other stakeholders to make informed choices with regard to skill development centre.
The Skill Development Cell Coordinator shall work in coordination with other Cell Coordinators and HODs. Further, he/she shall be responsible for suggesting budgetary provision for activities related to the Cell.