Mr. S. M. Dhawale
Mr. S. M. Dhawale
The National Service Scheme Cell has been playing an important role in enriching the souls and minds of the staff and the students. This cell runs under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Govt. of India and administrated by Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati. It is popularly known as NSS, was launched on Gandhiji’s Birth Centenary Year 1969, in 37 Universities involving 40,000 students with primary focus on the development of personality of students through community service. The Motto of NSS “Not Me But You”, reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. The student joining this scheme develops many behavioral interactive skills. They visit the rural areas as NSS volunteers during the camps organized by the college. The NSS volunteers take initiative in developing a technocratic environment and also help the underprivileged people to develop themselves. The responsibilities and functions shall include (but not limited to) the followings.
1. To understand the community in which stakeholders or students work and to understand themselves in relation to their community.
2. To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving by taking various related activities.
3. To utilize knowledge of faculty and students in finding practical solutions for individual and community problems.
4. To plan and work out the regular activities for college campus and for outside areas under the rule & regulation of Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University.
5. To devise and implement the seven days residential camp at adopted village by college and approved by University.
6. To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and practice national integration and social harmony. To execute some activity with service of institute such as Blood Donation camp, Swaccha Bharat Abhiyan, Plastic abolishment program, VISAKA, AIDS Awareness, programme on Beti Bachao Abhiyan, Rural amenities & services program etc.